Sunday, July 27, 2014

Running on empty...

In my struggles with bipolar disorder I sometimes come to a point where my tank reads empty. I struggle so hard to stay stable that I run out of energy and sometimes the will ro carry on. I have found that getting away isn't a way out of your problems, but it's sometimes the healthiest thing you can do.

Perspective. Isn't life all about that? How you percieve you troubles often dictates your actions. Taking a break from your daily grind affords you the perspective you need to come back and tackle your problems.

My get away is La Quinta Ca. I love the desert beauty,the palms, the serenity. My best friend lives there and I stay with her and her husband. During my stays I get to put into perspective all of my concerns. I write them down and try to figure out(with the help of distance), solutions. I also ask for advice from my friend on how to tackle some problems. Advice from a friend can help you see things from a different angle. Solutions that escaped your notice may make themselves known.

Escape from reality is not healthy,but a break from the struggle may be just the thing. It doesn't have to be a long break,maybe just a small trip. Even a visit to the beach or a walk on a trail can allow you to get outside of yourself. I even need a break from me!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 2020

 Having a breakdown due to a mental illness, is life shattering. Everything you believed about yourself and the people and places around you...