Monday, August 4, 2014


I am seeing my psychiatrist today. She has been with me since my hospitalization. She has seen me at my worst, and developed a treatment plan to get me to my best. We have come a long way together since my episode 3 years ago, and I am grateful for her intervention.

Among the mentally ill there is a lot of resentment towards psychiatrists.  Some hate the intrusion on their lives. They think they know what's best for their treatment plan, not the doctor. Many are angry at the changes in their meds to get to the right "cocktail". Sometimes I feel the same way. There are so many side affects from the medications. In combination there are many more. Med changes scare me because you never know what your going to get!

Having said all that, I still try to place my confidence in the doctors hands. They are professionals after all, and have treated many patients as sick as I was. I am still fighting the good fight with meds . I try to stay open to changes and weather through the side effects. This is the best I can do.


How about you? Do you welcome a psychiatrists intervention? What are your med fears? Love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode 2020

 Having a breakdown due to a mental illness, is life shattering. Everything you believed about yourself and the people and places around you...